Need help with RSMS?

​​What are the Regional Certifying Bodies for Western Australia, which regions do they provide certification advice for and what postcodes do the regions cover?

1 Department of Training and Workforce Development

​Christmas and Cocos (Keeling) Islands 

​6798, 6799


​ 6537, 6701, 6705, 6707

​Great Southern    

​6316, 6318–6343, 6394–6397


​6725–6743, 6765, 6770

​Mid West

​6514, 6515, 6517–6519,       6522–6536, 6614–6646


​6121–6126, 6207–6215


​6710–6722, 6751–6762

​South West

​6218–6224, 6226–6290, 6398


​6041–6044, 6083, 6084, 6225, 6302–6315, 6317, 6350–6393, 6401–6428, 6460–6513, 6516, 6521, 6556–6575, 6603–6613


 2 Regional Development Australia


​6348, 6429–6452

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Post codes sourced from Australia Post



​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Do all applications for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme need to be assessed by a regional certifying body?

No. If an employee has worked for the employer for the last two years while on a subclass 457 visa, the employer can nominate them directly with the Department of Home Affairs through the temporary residence stream. 

Only employers going through the direct entry stream​ need to be assessed by a regional certifying body. Employers wanting to nominate an employee who has not worked with them for at least two years while on a subclass 457 visa must go through the direct entry stream.



What details do migration agents need to provide on applications?

Migration agents must include their full contact details in applications for nomination certification under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. The Department of Training and Workforce Development is unable to discuss the details of an application with agents that are not listed on an application.

An email address is not sufficient, full contact details are required.


I am an employer applying for regional certification advice.
I need to provide evidence that the position I am seeking to nominate
a skilled migrant for was advertised within three months preceding,
and no less than two weeks before my application for assessment
​by the Department of Training and Workforce Development. 

What kind of evidence do I need to provide?​

​You nee​d to provide evidence that shows the date of the advertisement such as:

  • an invoice for the ​advertisement;
  • a scanned copy of the advertisement; or 
  • other relevant supporting documentation such as from a recruitment company.​

​An advertisement can be:​​

  • a print advertisement from a newspaper distributed across the region in which
    the position is located.​

Print advertisements for positions in the Perth metropolitan area and for
fly-in-fly-out or drive-in-drive-out positions must be advertised in Western Australian newspapers, for example The West Australian or The Sunday Times. Placement of the advertisement in the newspapers must be appropriate for the advertised position, such as the vacancies classified section.

It can also be:

  • an online job advertisement over a minimum two week period on a jobs site
    such as Seek or CareerOne; 

  • the employment section of the company website; or
  • social media such as LinkedIn.

Both paid and unpaid online advertisements are acceptable.



​Can we change the details on the Form 1404 once an application has been finalised?

Once the assessment is complete it is not possible to change the Form 1404.



Once an application has been lodged am I able to get priority processing?

Applications for certification advice for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme are assessed in order of receipt. Priority processing is not available.

Start application for RSMS certification